Mama's Day Celebration Brunch
- It’s that one day of the year to appreciate mum for all the craziness she’s put up with…..so let her know you have buckets of love and appreciation for her with a swanky 5-course shared brunch. Mamas also receive a house-made gift on arrival, and you can smooth over any sins with one of our delicate mum-centered cocktails. Think flowers with bubbles!
5 courses + gift
9am - 3pm
GF/DF/VEG options available with prior notice
No a la carte (daytime)
Mezze Platter + Wine
- Self-indulge after a long days work with a boutique wine and a medley of mezze; herb marinated olives, cured spiced meat, soft local cheese, crackers.
$20 pp and strictly from 5:30pm - 6:30pm (except Saturday)
The Happiest Hour of Summertime
- After a dip in the beautiful Bondi bath water, cruise over to Sefa for afternoon Happy Hour bevs. Half-price house wines, beers, spritzers & house cocktails with lounge tunes.
Saturdays & Sundays
3:00pm – 4:30pm
Mediterranean Long Lunch - 1st Sunday of every month
- Spend a lazy Sunday schmoozing in a cool corner of Sefa, mingling on a long communal table, as you sit back and savour a 7-course Mediterranean lunch with new amigos.
We begin with a pickling demo of seasonal produce and tastings of Sefa’s exotic house-made pickles. Mira from Secret Cellar will showcase a selection of wine varieties for tasting, from regions of the Mediterranean and around the globe.
$50 per person, starts at 12:00 pm sharp
Includes wine tasting, pickling demo, loads of food and a great crowd
Pre-bookings only for this event
A Flowery Feast for Valentines Day
- Ensure a happy ending this Valentine’s day for you and your starry-eyed loved one with a medley of amorous flowers featured on all 6 courses, which includes a sweet finish.
Chef Devon Davis will craft 6 courses, with dessert, for $70 per person, and the option to intensify the experience to include 6 matching wines for $110 per person
World Cancer Weekend
- Fight cancer with your mouth by eating one of Sefa’s specials anytime over that February weekend. For every dish sold, $10 will be donated to the Union of International Cancer Control, and each dish will showcase prostate cancer-fighting foods to benefit our supportive following from one of the most commonly diagnosed cancers in Australia.
Sefa's Season Break
- Sefa will be closed on and from Dec 24th and re-opening at 9:00 am Saturday January 3rd. The team wish you all a joyful Christmas or Hannukkah, and a memorable New Year!!
Your Special Christmas From now
- Book your Christmas Party or Corporate Event now!
Celebrate this festive season with our Christmas feast,
A special set menu designed by our Chef Devon Davis showcases the best of our menu, and a few exclusive new dishes which will ring a few bells ;-)
$55 per person for a great moment with colleagues, friends and family.
Bookings are essential via sefakitchen.com,
call 8068 6461 or enquire within..
Sefa's 4th Birthday Bash & Halloween Party
- Slip your dancing shoes under your Halloween costume this year as you spend the night boozing and schmoozing at Sefa's 4th Birthday slash Halloween party! The fun and games, not to mention open bar and meze feast kick off at 6:30pm and partaying goes into the night. A progressional meze feast will roll out over the hours, and be sure to wear your costume for a little more action!
This is a limited ticketed event so grab yours before they sell out!
$50 inc open bar & food
Book on our website or email [email protected]
Mediterranean Long Lunch
- Join us on the 30th of October to spend a lazy Sunday lounging in a cozy corner of Sefa, mingling on a long communal table, as you sit back and savour our Mediterranean Long Lunch with new amigos. Lunch begins with a pickling demo on the history of pickling and fermenting, the techniques and tricks involved, all while sampling Sefa's selection of house made pickles.
Mira from Secret Cellar will showcase characteristics of the Rose wine varieties and regions of the Mediterranean and the globe.
From here, we'll commence our long lunch, consisting of seven delectable courses of Mediterranean food from the ancient region of Levantine. The food at Sefa Kitchen is inspired by the combination of flavours from the Mediterranean part of the Middle East and is sure to please. Common ingredients include legumes, homemade cheeses, ancient grains, warming spices and cured or slow cooked meats, plus a strong focus on seasonal produce which is inherent in that part of the world.
Our menu for this event includes:
~ Fried lamb mince, hummus & pomegranate molasses
~ Pancakes w sour cherry jam, honey whipped cream & pistachios
~ Shakshuka w roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, zucchini
~ Crispy Brussels sprouts with almond tarator
~ House made labne w fruit compote, puffed grains
~ 2 x Chefs specialty dishes
$45 pp midday Sunday 30th of October
includes all food and Rose tasting
- They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so this Father’s Day show how much you adore dad with a 5-course feast of funky Middle Eastern food with option to pair a boisterous cocktail. This brunch set menu comes with a sweet treat and a blokey gift for every dad. Bookings Essential
$45 Brunch Set Menu 9am – 3pm
Sunday September 4th
6 Degrees of Truffle
- Sweet talk yourself into one last night of fungi indulgence for the season with an intimate degustation dinner honouring the seductive powers of local black truffles. See Saw wines from Orange will pair the 6 courses to spoil your heroic self after dry July.
Homegrown fresh Turella Truffles will grace every course, while truffle hunter Damien Robinson shaves insight into the decadent world of Black Perigord Truffles to leave you wishing winter would last a little longer.
$125 pp inc paired wines
6:30 pm talks begin. 7:00pm first course is served.
Wed 10th August
6 Degrees of Preparation is an experimental food project showcasing a prime local produce over 6 courses with carefully matched wines, mingling with new people and hearing stories and expertise from the producer and makers on the night. The events are packed with interactive games, talks, laughter and a feast of food. The evening finishes with the crowd voting in the next seasonal star ingredient. No surprises that truffle won this round.
6 Degrees of Citrus
- Pucker your lips for an entertaining evening to delight your senses with a 6-course meze feast showcasing this season's vibrant medley of citrus. Head Chef Devon Davis will dehydrate, caramelise, infuse and segment Sydney's prized citrus in a heavenly evocation of winter warmth and vivid produce. All citruses are sourced locally from Champion’s mountain organic Farm. Delatite Wines will enhance every course with insight and finely paired drops. Winemaker David Ritche is flying in to tell us about what we are sipping throughout the night.
Wednesday 8th June $95 pp. inc matching wines
Mama's Day Brunch
- Spoil your supermum with a 5-course middle eastern brunch menu for $45 (including a dessert). We will have live music on the day and mums will receive a complimentary Sefa "Mum"osa cocktail on arrival. Book on our website or at [email protected] for larger groups.
The Sefa Team
Good Food Month
- City of Sydney is full of flavours throughout October.
Sefa Kitchen is participating this year’s Good Food Month with a dinner called “SLOW”
Showcasing our passion for slow cooking practices & slow food philosophy with locally sourced, seasonal products, we are serving a 6 course dinner.
- every Thursday and Friday -
Father's Day is around the corner
- Sefa Kitchen is inviting you to the “Sultan’s Table” this Father's Day.
Lock in some quality family time and take your favorite man for a real feast.
5 course brunch
With a surprise gift for fathers
From 9:00 am ‘till 2:30 pm
Enjoy the ancient Levantine flavors combined with fresh, house made ingredients...
World Class Cocktail Week
- During World Class Cocktail Week, Sefa will serve their famous Blind Feast with a Tunisian Bloody Mary this weekend. Chef Simon Zalloua’s choice of 4 sharing dishes will come with Sefa’s Tunisian Bloody Mary with harissa and pickle sauce and alive herbs from living walls.
Happy Sefa Hour accompanied with Live Music
- Winter is on the way and Sefa team is ready to warm up your chilled weekend afternoons with Live Music during the Happy Sefa Hours!
On Saturdays and Sundays | Throughout March & April
From 2:30 to 5:30 pm
All alcoholic beverages ½ price when you order an item from our grazing menu
Dimmi Awards for January 2015
- Sefa Kitchen is selected one more time for the Best for Romance/First Date, Best for Atmosphere and Best for Neighbourhood Gem by Dimmi diners.
We are very much proud to see that our effort to create a lovely environment for our glorious guests works and we appreciate these awards.
Let's keep up the great work!
Ceremony food of the Middle East
- From Bedouin weddings to Jewish ceremonies, every significant communal event in the Middle East and Northern Africa is celebrated with special dishes. Chef Simon Zalloua offers a dinner of seven courses featuring the full flavours of these traditions, and the stories behind them.
When: Thursdays and Fridays throughout October '14
How much: $65 pp inc dessert
Chef Event: Simon Zalloua cooks with Yotam Ottolenghi
- We are excited to collaborate with Ottolenghi to showcase the true flavors of Mediterranean.
As a part of Good Food Month, Nomad in Surry Hills will welcome Ottolenghi and like minded Sydney chefs for a one off feast.
Tickets are already sold out!
For more information: http://sydney.goodfoodmonth.com/yotam
- Sometimes life throws at us too many choices! If you want Simon Zalloua to decide what you are eating this morning try Sefa’s blind feast.
A flow of 4 sharing plates comes with fresh juice of the day and our boutique Single Estate coffee. With a $26 pp bill and the chance of tasting Sefa’s off the menu signature dish, you can’t go wrong if you are an adventurous type.
Served for minimum 2, maximum 7 people. Comes with regular coffee/hot drink.
But if choice is precisely what you like about life then we have a whole new breakfast menu for you to choose your own!
Father's Day Covered at Sefa
- Has the old man worked hard this year?
Sefa Kitchen has put together a 5 course “Baba’s Brunch” to make it an extra special one… and a pair of fancy socks thrown in!
The feast showcases delicacies from Sefa’s brand new Middle Eastern brunch menu & more.
The 5 course shared treat includes a dessert & fresh juice for $40 pp
Book now to secure your spot from www.sefakitchen.com.au or call 8068646
Proud to Announce our Dimmi Awards
- Sefa Kitchen has been selected as Best for Romance, Best for Local and Top 100 for June 2014 by Dimmi diners!
These awards are based on real diner feedback and means that we have been recognized as one of the top restaurants in Australia.
We appreciate our lovely diners' ongoing support!
- Our large grassy outside area is in the stages of being transformed into a vertical garden!
Middle Eastern Cheese Making Class
- When: Saturday 16 April 2016
Time: 3:00 - 5:30 pm
Where: Sefa Kitchen - 292 Bondi Rd, Bondi
Learn to make a range of Levantine and Middle Eastern cheeses in the beautiful Sefa Kitchen:
Lor peyniri (a Turkish-style ricotta)
Lavender infused labne
Middle Eastern bread making demonstration
A tasting of pan-fried haloumi, labne dips & freshly baked bread
A pack of Middle-Eastern spices and wild teas from Sefa Kitchen
For bookings please go follow the link below