Valentine's Day Aphrodisiac Dinner
- Sefa Kitchen invites you to join our Aphrodisiac dinner. Ignite your senses and immerse yourself in an unforgettable evening of fine food and wine.
sydney rock oysters, negroni granita & candied orange
Pallancino Prosecco 2019 Murray Darling NSW
cured kingfish, green tomatoes, chamomile & cucumber oil
Domaine de la Matairie organic Chardonnay 2018 Aude Valley France
burrata, pickled melons, macadamia dukkah & mustard
Majestic Grenache Kalecik Karasi 2016 Izmir Turkey
charred cos lettuce, muhammara, isot pepper butter & preserved lemon
Kanesas Mavroudi Syrah 2017 Naoussa Imathia Greece
carrob glaced beef short ribs, red vine sorrel chermula & cannellini beans piyaz
Suvla Sur “magnum” organic Bordeaux blend 2010 Thrace Turkey
baked chocolate truffle, raki figs & spearmint
Samos Phyllas organic Muscat 2013 Samos Greece
Food only $75pp
Food & Matched wines $115
Dishes and wines are subject to change
Vegetarian menu available for the whole table up on request
Bookings Essential from "Book Online" button above
Father's Day at Sefa Kitchen
- Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad. At Sefa we take Father's day serious.
We decided to bring back our Lafay boards for this special day and load them with all the best bits of a Middle Eastern brunch.
Center piece shakshukas will be complemented with house made dips, Northern African condiments, fresh garden edibles, house made manoush breads.
Our spinning boards of oriental flavors not only appeal to eyes but give a true sense of sharing. We will be serving dads a complementary Egyptian bloody mary cocktail with harissa.
Brunch finishes with a Moroccan Bisteeya dessert.
This brunch is $40 pp and half price for youth 5-15 yro
Offering is subject to change
Sefa opens doors after isolation
- It is Happening!
Join us for this dinner, we missed looking after you...
Isolated Sultan Dinner is $55 food only and $95 with matching wines.
Bookings top right corner of this page.
grilled haloumi, honey, za’atar
Moroccan pearls: cinnamon prosecco
brussels sprout, almond tarator, sour yoghurt
Lucetta Roux Pinot Gris 2018 Mildura, NSW
kataifi prawns, muhammara, sumac tahini
Bertaine Rose 2018 Aude Valley, France
shredded lamb shoulder, hummus, islaeli salad, house made pickles, manoush bread
Hare & Toirtoise Shiraz 2017 Heathcote, VIC
deconstructed baklava, chocolate soil, rose jelly & ice cream
Samos phyllas organic muscat 2013, Greece
*vegetarian menu available
dishes subject to change
- Mother's Day Lafay Feast
Join us at Sefa this mother's day for a luscious Egyptian brunch to appeal to all 5 senses of our devine mothers.
Sight: A visually extravagant Lafay board of endless colorful middle eastern delicacies.
Taste: Egyptian head chef Kharboush put together a feast of rich slow cooked meats, pungent northern African dips, juicy house made pickles and fresh breads and backyard edibles for a never ending leisurely grazing.
Sound: Our special mothers day playlist blending with the loving conversations and the laughter
Touch: Chef Kharboush recommends using hands to make a marathon of individual wraps to enjoy this unique dining experience.
Smell: Lafay brunch will be followed up with burnt butter milk Mohalbiah dessert w sesame crunch and rose meringue to indulge and complete the journey of senses.
All this is for $45pp + $1.50 credit card fee.
Mums get a middle eastern inspired welcome cocktail and a present.
Book while spots are available.
Sefa Kitchen, the most adventurous middle eastern in town.
We may have requested for your credit card details. If you fail to show or cancel your booking within 24 hours, there will be a charge of $45 per person. If you show up with less than the confirmed number of people, there may be a charge of $45 per person
Sefa Kitchen opens for Lunch on Weekends (Closed from May to Sep)
- Meet Lafay lunches.. "La" what? "fay". Lafay
Sefa Kitchen is introducing Egypt’s famous street food in Bondi. House made flatbread is served with slow cooked meats, Israeli salad, northern African dips, house made pickles and Sefa’s fresh garden edibles. A wonderful way to graze over a lazy weekend lunch.
For now Saturdays & Sundays 11:30-3pm only
Executive Egyptian Head Chef Mohamed Karboush is inspired by the years he cooked in Cairo where food bonded muslim, coptic christian and jewish communities. Lafay lunches are irresistible way to share pungent, fresh flavors. It is also lot's of fun trying many combinations of flavors in your personally constructed mini wrap bombs.
Bookings essential via the booking link above.
An Exotic Christmas in Middle East, 14th Nov, wed @ 8:15pm
- At Sefa, since the day we opened our vintage French doors, we aspire to invoke a sense of nostalgia. Nostalgia for the old times of Middle East when communities lived in peace and harmony without any borders. Differences got celebrated and considered as richness. Neighbours celebrated each other’s holly days, learned each others’ recipes and rituals.
We invite you to join us on this 6 course feast incorporating this spirit. Ex-Kazbah, Egyptian executive chef Mohamed Kharboush, seasons Middle Eastern and Northern African recipes with Christmas carols.
Meanwhile Local winemaker Dave Kynaston from "From Sunday Wines" will reveal his passion for discovering unknown wine regions of NSW and thinking outside the box when creating his unusual blends.
Ice breakers and fact checks ensure an unforgettable night of flavours, laughter and new friendships.
6 Courses with matching wines $115 pp
vegetarian option is available
tuna nayyeh, rose, minted feta & aged balsamic
pallancino prosecco, murray darling '18
katayifi prawns, muhamra & sumac tahini
lucky's pinot grigio, orange '17
turkey roulette, dried stone fruit, almond & brown butter
“beast” skin contact verdelho, hunter valley ‘18
sefa’s backyard fattoush
from sunday “skins” pinot gris, orange '18
jordanian lamb masnaf, umami porcini israeli couscous & fermented yoghurt
lucky's shiraz pinot noir, orange '17
rose meringue pavlova, turkish delight cream & holly pomegranate
"bugger all" pinot meunier tumbarumba, NSW '17
minor dietary requirements are welcomed
menu is subject to changes
bookings simply follow the bookings link above
Mother's Day at Sefa
- Turn MOM upside down and you end up with WOW. It is that day this Sunday to say thank you to the ones who WOW us most.
Join us this Mother's Day for a special 6 course brunch to show our appreciation for what she deserves.
Mums get a cocktail on arrival.
$50 pp including Dayne Muller's pavlova with honey and stone fruits.
Bookings from top right corner or call 80686461
- Feb 14th is a special date in the year to celebrate love ❤️ A day to savour and rejoice with the one who inspires, supports, protects, and shares in this life with you. We invite you both to enjoy an intimate and themed Valentine's dinner together with a 6-course feast called Feed me with Love. Space is limited so please book online to enjoy this romantic evening at Sefa.
$55 6-course dinner including dessert
$95 with matching wines
bookings essential on [email protected] or click 'book' button above to snag your spot.
Halloween at Sefa
- We invite you to enjoy a night of wonders and mystical encounters!. Dressed in your ghostly attire devouring a devilishly good 6-course meal designed by our Head Chef Devon Davis. The best outfit will be rewarded a $50 voucher at the end of this not-to-be-missed evening!
6 courses w dessert & a bloody cocktail
Dress up dinner
Click Book Online on the top right-hand corner of this page
Father's Day Celebration Brunch
- Celebrate Father's day with your loved ones around a medley of 5 mezes on a beautiful Sunday Morning. We will treat all the daddys with a little gift. If you wish to experience middle eastern sense of hospitality, book a table for this special day!
5 courses + gift
9am - 2:30pm
GF/DF/VEG options available with prior notice
Limited Brunch menu available for walkins
Click the link on the top right hand side of the page to BOOK
Mama's Day Celebration Brunch
- It’s that one day of the year to appreciate mum for all the craziness she’s put up with…..so let her know you have buckets of love and appreciation for her with a swanky 5-course shared brunch. Mamas also receive a house-made gift on arrival, and you can smooth over any sins with one of our delicate mum-centered cocktails. Think crafty combos of flowers, bubbles and iced tea!
5 courses + gift
9am - 3pm
GF/DF/VEG options available with prior notice
No a la carte (daytime)
Click the link on the top right hand side of the page to BOOK
A Flowery Feast for Valentines Day
- Ensure a happy ending this Valentine’s day for you and your starry-eyed loved one with a medley of amorous flowers featured on all 6 courses, which includes a sweet finish.
Chef Devon Davis will craft 6 courses, with dessert, for $70 per person, and the option to intensify the experience to include 6 matching wines for $110 per person
World Cancer Weekend
- Fight cancer with your mouth by eating one of Sefa’s specials anytime over that February weekend. For every dish sold, $10 will be donated to the Union of International Cancer Control, and each dish will showcase prostate cancer-fighting foods to benefit our supportive following from one of the most commonly diagnosed cancers in Australia.
Sefa's Season Break
- Sefa will be closed on and from Dec 24th and re-opening at 9:00 am Saturday January 3rd. The team wish you all a joyful Christmas or Hannukkah, and a memorable New Year!!
Your Special Christmas From now
- Book your Christmas Party or Corporate Event now!
Celebrate this festive season with our Christmas feast,
A special set menu designed by our Chef Devon Davis showcases the best of our menu, and a few exclusive new dishes which will ring a few bells ;-)
$55 per person for a great moment with colleagues, friends and family.
Bookings are essential via sefakitchen.com,
call 8068 6461 or enquire within..
Sefa's 4th Birthday Bash & Halloween Party
- Slip your dancing shoes under your Halloween costume this year as you spend the night boozing and schmoozing at Sefa's 4th Birthday slash Halloween party! The fun and games, not to mention open bar and meze feast kick off at 6:30pm and partaying goes into the night. A progressional meze feast will roll out over the hours, and be sure to wear your costume for a little more action!
This is a limited ticketed event so grab yours before they sell out!
$50 inc open bar & food
Book on our website or email [email protected]
Mediterranean Long Lunch
- Join us on the 30th of October to spend a lazy Sunday lounging in a cozy corner of Sefa, mingling on a long communal table, as you sit back and savour our Mediterranean Long Lunch with new amigos. Lunch begins with a pickling demo on the history of pickling and fermenting, the techniques and tricks involved, all while sampling Sefa's selection of house made pickles.
Mira from Secret Cellar will showcase characteristics of the Rose wine varieties and regions of the Mediterranean and the globe.
From here, we'll commence our long lunch, consisting of seven delectable courses of Mediterranean food from the ancient region of Levantine. The food at Sefa Kitchen is inspired by the combination of flavours from the Mediterranean part of the Middle East and is sure to please. Common ingredients include legumes, homemade cheeses, ancient grains, warming spices and cured or slow cooked meats, plus a strong focus on seasonal produce which is inherent in that part of the world.
Our menu for this event includes:
~ Fried lamb mince, hummus & pomegranate molasses
~ Pancakes w sour cherry jam, honey whipped cream & pistachios
~ Shakshuka w roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, zucchini
~ Crispy Brussels sprouts with almond tarator
~ House made labne w fruit compote, puffed grains
~ 2 x Chefs specialty dishes
$45 pp midday Sunday 30th of October
includes all food and Rose tasting
- They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so this Father’s Day show how much you adore dad with a 5-course feast of funky Middle Eastern food with option to pair a boisterous cocktail. This brunch set menu comes with a sweet treat and a blokey gift for every dad. Bookings Essential
$45 Brunch Set Menu 9am – 3pm
Sunday September 4th
6 Degrees of Truffle
- Sweet talk yourself into one last night of fungi indulgence for the season with an intimate degustation dinner honouring the seductive powers of local black truffles. See Saw wines from Orange will pair the 6 courses to spoil your heroic self after dry July.
Homegrown fresh Turella Truffles will grace every course, while truffle hunter Damien Robinson shaves insight into the decadent world of Black Perigord Truffles to leave you wishing winter would last a little longer.
$125 pp inc paired wines
6:30 pm talks begin. 7:00pm first course is served.
Wed 10th August
6 Degrees of Preparation is an experimental food project showcasing a prime local produce over 6 courses with carefully matched wines, mingling with new people and hearing stories and expertise from the producer and makers on the night. The events are packed with interactive games, talks, laughter and a feast of food. The evening finishes with the crowd voting in the next seasonal star ingredient. No surprises that truffle won this round.
6 Degrees of Citrus
- Pucker your lips for an entertaining evening to delight your senses with a 6-course meze feast showcasing this season's vibrant medley of citrus. Head Chef Devon Davis will dehydrate, caramelise, infuse and segment Sydney's prized citrus in a heavenly evocation of winter warmth and vivid produce. All citruses are sourced locally from Champion’s mountain organic Farm. Delatite Wines will enhance every course with insight and finely paired drops. Winemaker David Ritche is flying in to tell us about what we are sipping throughout the night.
Wednesday 8th June $95 pp. inc matching wines
Mama's Day Brunch
- Spoil your supermum with a 5-course middle eastern brunch menu for $45 (including a dessert). We will have live music on the day and mums will receive a complimentary Sefa "Mum"osa cocktail on arrival. Book on our website or at [email protected] for larger groups.
The Sefa Team
Good Food Month
- City of Sydney is full of flavours throughout October.
Sefa Kitchen is participating this year’s Good Food Month with a dinner called “SLOW”
Showcasing our passion for slow cooking practices & slow food philosophy with locally sourced, seasonal products, we are serving a 6 course dinner.
- every Thursday and Friday -
Father's Day is around the corner
- Sefa Kitchen is inviting you to the “Sultan’s Table” this Father's Day.
Lock in some quality family time and take your favorite man for a real feast.
5 course brunch
With a surprise gift for fathers
From 9:00 am ‘till 2:30 pm
Enjoy the ancient Levantine flavors combined with fresh, house made ingredients...
World Class Cocktail Week
- During World Class Cocktail Week, Sefa will serve their famous Blind Feast with a Tunisian Bloody Mary this weekend. Chef Simon Zalloua’s choice of 4 sharing dishes will come with Sefa’s Tunisian Bloody Mary with harissa and pickle sauce and alive herbs from living walls.
Happy Sefa Hour accompanied with Live Music
- Winter is on the way and Sefa team is ready to warm up your chilled weekend afternoons with Live Music during the Happy Sefa Hours!
On Saturdays and Sundays | Throughout March & April
From 2:30 to 5:30 pm
All alcoholic beverages ½ price when you order an item from our grazing menu
Dimmi Awards for January 2015
- Sefa Kitchen is selected one more time for the Best for Romance/First Date, Best for Atmosphere and Best for Neighbourhood Gem by Dimmi diners.
We are very much proud to see that our effort to create a lovely environment for our glorious guests works and we appreciate these awards.
Let's keep up the great work!
Ceremony food of the Middle East
- From Bedouin weddings to Jewish ceremonies, every significant communal event in the Middle East and Northern Africa is celebrated with special dishes. Chef Simon Zalloua offers a dinner of seven courses featuring the full flavours of these traditions, and the stories behind them.
When: Thursdays and Fridays throughout October '14
How much: $65 pp inc dessert
Chef Event: Simon Zalloua cooks with Yotam Ottolenghi
- We are excited to collaborate with Ottolenghi to showcase the true flavors of Mediterranean.
As a part of Good Food Month, Nomad in Surry Hills will welcome Ottolenghi and like minded Sydney chefs for a one off feast.
Tickets are already sold out!
For more information: http://sydney.goodfoodmonth.com/yotam
- Sometimes life throws at us too many choices! If you want Simon Zalloua to decide what you are eating this morning try Sefa’s blind feast.
A flow of 4 sharing plates comes with fresh juice of the day and our boutique Single Estate coffee. With a $26 pp bill and the chance of tasting Sefa’s off the menu signature dish, you can’t go wrong if you are an adventurous type.
Served for minimum 2, maximum 7 people. Comes with regular coffee/hot drink.
But if choice is precisely what you like about life then we have a whole new breakfast menu for you to choose your own!
Father's Day Covered at Sefa
- Has the old man worked hard this year?
Sefa Kitchen has put together a 5 course “Baba’s Brunch” to make it an extra special one… and a pair of fancy socks thrown in!
The feast showcases delicacies from Sefa’s brand new Middle Eastern brunch menu & more.
The 5 course shared treat includes a dessert & fresh juice for $40 pp
Book now to secure your spot from www.sefakitchen.com.au or call 8068646
Proud to Announce our Dimmi Awards
- Sefa Kitchen has been selected as Best for Romance, Best for Local and Top 100 for June 2014 by Dimmi diners!
These awards are based on real diner feedback and means that we have been recognized as one of the top restaurants in Australia.
We appreciate our lovely diners' ongoing support!
- Our large grassy outside area is in the stages of being transformed into a vertical garden!
Middle Eastern Cheese Making Class
- When: Saturday 16 April 2016
Time: 3:00 - 5:30 pm
Where: Sefa Kitchen - 292 Bondi Rd, Bondi
Learn to make a range of Levantine and Middle Eastern cheeses in the beautiful Sefa Kitchen:
Lor peyniri (a Turkish-style ricotta)
Lavender infused labne
Middle Eastern bread making demonstration
A tasting of pan-fried haloumi, labne dips & freshly baked bread
A pack of Middle-Eastern spices and wild teas from Sefa Kitchen
For bookings please go follow the link below